- http://www.cdc.gov/ An agency of the Department of Health and Human Services, is dedicated to promoting “health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability.” Available in Spanish.
- http://familydoctor.org/ is operated by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), a national medical organization representing family physicians, family practice residents and medical students. Available in Spanish.
- http://healthfinder.gov/ , a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website, is coordinated by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and its health information referral service, the National Health Information Center. Available in Spanish.
- https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available in Spanish.
- http://www.webmd.com/ provides health information, tools for managing your health, and support.
Diabetes & Heart Disease
- http://www.diabetesmonitor.com/ includes information, education, and support for people with diabetes.
- http://www.niddk.nih.gov/ affiliated with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources, conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health.
- http://www.heart.org/ is the official website of the American Heart Association, with links to the http://www.strokeassociation.org/, a division of the AHA. Their mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Available in Spanish and Asian & Pacific Languages.
- http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/ is part of the National Institute of Health, their missions is to provide global leadership for a research, training, and education program to promote the prevention and treatment of heart, lung, and blood diseases and enhance the health of all individuals so that they can live longer and more fulfilling lives.